Saturday, January 31, 2015
Baptism • Confirmation • Eucharist
Saturday, January 31 at the 5 pm Mass
Sunday, February 1st at the 9 am & 11 am Mass
This weekend presented to the gathered worshipping community there will be:
- Two adults preparing for Baptism and full initiation through Confirmation and Eucharist,
- One adult preparing for a Profession of faith into the Catholic Church and full initiation
- One adult preparing for full initiation through Confirmation
- Thirty –three middle school and high school youth preparing for Confirmation
- Twenty –two children preparing for First Eucharist
They have spent the last several months in formation, service, community, worship, and prayer. Their parents and sponsors have been their guides. They now come forward and publicly commit to continue on this journey and ask the Our Lady of Peace Church Community to support them . They need this community to:
- walk with them as they go forward.
- welcome them to the Table of Eucharist,
- model discipleship,
- be a prayer support
- be Christian Community with and for them.
What can we offer as a parish community?
Become a Prayer Sponsor:
Names of all these candidates are available at the Church Doors and in Pates Hall. If you choose to become a Prayer Sponsor and offer daily prayer support for one of these candidates, draw a name from one of these baskets. Information on what is asked of you is included.
Reach out to welcome them:
Pictures of all the candidates will be displayed downstairs in Pates Hall. Take a few minutes to let them know how happy we are that they have chosen to enter into this faith journey with our parish community.